Thursday, October 13, 2011

An update on all things knitterly

I started TWO projects since finishing my socks on Oct. 10.

The first is this sweater. The pattern is Gavyn and I'm knitting it on size 9 needles out of a bulky alpaca blend by Bernat. Maybe because it's the wrong weight or maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the squares on the yoke aren't measuring properly. I'm a little confused, but I'll keep chugging along. I'm making it for a coworker's baby.


The second project is this lovely hat. The pattern is Struan by Ysolda Teague and I'm knitting it from Knitpicks Swish DK in Cobblestone Heather. My cousin requested a hat. If I have time, I'll make him matching fingerless gloves to go with it. Maybe I'll make hats and mittens for all of my cousins.
 
I know I'm in a bit of a time crunch to finish things for the holidays. I have about two months to finish all of the dishcloths I want to knit, plus whatever extra things I want to make for people. The Selfish Knitters & Crocheters are firmly against knitting things you don't want to knit. I want to knit for people, I do, but there are too many things to knit in too short of a time. The key is to start knitting in January, but this has never happened. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment