Monday, October 10, 2011

Socks: finished!


So I finished my socks that I started at the beginning of September. Now I'm moving on to a hat with cables for my cousin.

I WOULD be making a baby sweater for my coworker Pat's child. But I made the mistake of going to Michael's to look for craft supplies. Michael's is the worst possible place to shop for craft supplies. They dedicate a whole aisle to cake decorating and they have three rows of baskets of baby yarn in a far corner of the store. What is that about? They'll promote Martha Stewart's useless craft nonsense, but they can't carry something simple, such as a 16" size 9 circular needle. So I left without buying anything. I really can't say enough bad things about Michael's. They're the worst! If you're going to shop somewhere, at least support the little guy and go to a local store.

Maybe I'll try AC Moore tomorrow. If I can't find anything there, I'll go to Uncommon Threads. I know AC Moore is a chain, but I want something inexpensive because baby sweaters aren't worn forever. They'll be worn for about six months and then the baby grows out of them. In the meantime, I'll work on the hat.

Today I'm also cooking. I'm making a tilapia dish with chard, prosciutto and gorgonzola and I'm roasting a chicken and making mashed potatoes. Maybe I'll steam some green beans, too. Last week, I cooked meals for my husband for the week. He had purchased shrimp, tilapia and salmon fillets at the grocery store. This morning I made shrimp scampi before he went to work, so he had lunch to eat today.

No comments:

Post a Comment