Thursday, January 5, 2012

Doing things besides knitting

I've been working on the orange socks I started at the beginning of the month, but not as much as I have been working on other things.

I've taken up running again, sort of. I don't want to say it's a new year's resolution. When I get ultra busy with my second job, I'm not going to make a lot of time for running. But I ran for 40 minutes 3 days this week, and my latest time is 3.18 miles in 40 minutes. I ran a little farther than a 5K, but my time is nowhere near where I really want it. My left knee and the base of my big toe on my left foot have started hurting again. I don't know what I did to them, but if it starts hurting too much I might quit again. There were a couple weeks in the fall when I was limping around. I'm not going to pursue an unattainable goal. I just don't have time for that.

I also started a game on Skyrim and I'm still powering my way through "Anna Karenina." My Kindle gives me an idea of how far through a book I am, and I'm at about 20 percent through "Anna Karenina." I'm at the part where Levin is really bummed out that Kitty rejected him, so he's drinking a bunch of vodka. The inner monologue gig that Tolstoy invokes once in a while always sounds juvenile and kind of feminine. And I'm not sure Kiera Knightley is going to make a very good Anna Karenina.

Anyway, that's what's going on in my world. A big boatload of nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment