Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Farewell to an old blog, hello to a new one

My old blog is in the process of shutting down. 

I used to blog on Off the Beaten Craft for my job, but now my posts are being sucked into a new website called "Smart," which is kind of a lifestyle-themed sort of place on the Internet. 

Last night my boss asked me if I would be blogging outside of work, and I said I probably wouldn't. Well I changed my mind and I think I will, mostly because I'd like to save some of my knitting patterns and videos from my old blog so people on Ravelry can still access them. It would be kind of lame to want to knit one of my patterns (however elementary they are) and then go to click on the link and it leads you nowhere.

I'm not the most profound writer, so you'll have to bear with me, I guess. If I stick with it, this blog will be tremendously different from my old one. Outside of work I'm interested in many more things besides crafting. I enjoy cooking and running and spending time with my awesome husband and my cat. I'm ultimately really passionate about my knitting and have rather strong opinions about other crafts --- mainly why they're just not as awesome as knitting.

A fair warning: I have strong opinions about politics and about life in general. I'm not afraid to speak my mind and be borderline abrasive about other aspects of life, so if you don't like something I've said, stop reading. This is my playground. I'm not going to force myself to be pleasant about everything.

I like listening to NPR, and I love my job at my hometown's newspaper. I especially love having a career and I have no aspirations to have children. I have a second job at a retail establishment, so when the holidays come around, I'll probably have a lot to say about that.

I think that's all you really need to know about me. Since I've left college, I've become a rather boring grownup. Enjoy my knitting patterns from time to time and feel free to share yours. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment